- POL264 African Politics and Globalisation
- POL342 Australian Governments and Public Policy
- POL368 Australian Foreign Policy
- IRPG832 The European Union and the International System
- Associate Professor in Politics and International Relations in the Faculty of Arts at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia.
- 1983 Doctor of Sciences in Philosophy, University of Beograd.
- 1974 Bachelor of Philosophy in philosophy. University of Oxford .
- 1972 BA (magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa), MA in philosophy, Yale University.
- 2007- Associate Professor in Comparative Politics. Coordinator, Master of European Studies Programme. Department of Government and Public Administration, University of Macau .
- 2007 Visiting Fellow, Department of Government, University of Essex .
- 2002-4 Head, Department of Politics and International Relations, Macquarie University .
- 2003 Visiting Fellow, Department of Politics and International Relations, European University Institute, Florence.
- 2001 Senior Research Fellow (seconded) Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics, University of Melbourne.
- 2000- Principal Research Fellow (Honorary), Contemporary Europe Research Centre, University of Melbourne.
- 1999 Visiting Fellow, Clare Hall, University of Cambridge.
- 1998- Associate Professor in Politics. Macquarie University.
- 1995-99 Director, European Studies Programme (BA), Macquarie University.
- 1995-98 Associate Professor in Slavonic Studies, Macquarie University.
- 1992-8 Director, Centre for Slavonic and East European Studies. Macquarie University.
- 1987-95 Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Slavonic Studies Section. Macquarie University.
- 1985-87 Research Fellow. Department of Philosophy, University of Melbourne.
- 1981-82 Visiting Fellow. Department of Philosophy, University of Technology , Delft.
- 1976-87 Assistant, Docent in philosophy. Faculty of Philosophy, University of Beograd, Yugoslavia.
- Creating New States: Theory and Practice of Secession ( with Peter Radan). Aldershot, UK: Ashgate, 2007. Translated into Serbian and published by Sluzbeni glasnik, Beograd, 2008.
- The Fragmentation of Yugoslavia : Nationalism and War in the Balkans, London : Macmillan Palrgrafe and New York : St. Martin's Press., 2000. Second revised edition. (First edition entitled: The Fragmentation of Yugoslavia: Nationalism in a Multinational State, London: Macmillan, 1997. Translation into Armenian published by Zangak-Press, Yerevan , 2007.
- Slobodan Jovanovi c : An Unsentimental Approach to Politics. New York: East European Monographs/ Columbia University Press, 1993. Translated into Serbian and published by Institut za Politicke Studije, Beograd, 1996. Second revised edition published by Sluzbeni hlasnik, Beograd 2008.
- On the way to statehood: secession and globalisation. Edited by Aleksandar Pavkovic and Peter Radan. Aldershot, Ashgate 2008. Introduction by A. Pavkovic.
- Patriotism: political and philosophical perspectives , edited by Aleksandar Pavkovic and Igor Primoratz, Aldershot: Ashgate 2008. Introduction by the editors.
- Identity, Self-Determination and Secession, edited by Igor Primoratz and Aleksandar Pavkovic, Aldershot: Ashgate, 2006. Introduction by the editors.
- Self-determination, Secession and the Creation of States , guest editors Aleksandar Pavkovic and Peter Radan, Macquarie Law Journal, Vol. 3, 2003.
- The Disintegration of Yugoslavia: Avoidable or Inevitable? special issue of The Nationalities Papers , No. 3, Vol. 25. New York, 1997.
- Nationalism and Postcommunism: A Collection of Essays. edited by A. Pavkovic, H.Koscharsky and A.Czarnota. Aldershort and Brookfield, Vermont: Dartmouth Publishing, 1995. pp.173. Introduction by the editors.
- Contemporary Yugoslav Philosophy: The Analytic Approach, Dordercht and New York: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1988, Introduction by A. Pavkovic.
- ‘Liberalism, secession and violence' in Sovereignty and Diversity , eds. By M. Jovanovic and K. Henrard, Amsterdam: Eleven International Publishing, 2008.
- 'Killing for one's country' Patriotism: Philosophical and Political Perspectives , eds. Igor Primoratz and A. Pavkovic, Aldershot : Ashgate 2008.
- 'Self-determination, national minorities and the liberal principle of equality' in Identity and Self-Determination , eds. Igor Primoratz and A. Pavkovic, Aldershot: Ashgate, 2006, 189-217.
- 'Terrorism as an Instrument of Liberation: A Liberation Ideology Perspective' in Ethics of Terrorism & Counter-Terrorism , ed. George Meggle, Frankfurt and Lancester: Ontos Verlag,, 2005, 245-61.
- 'Humanitarian Intervention in Nationalist Conflicts: A Few Problems' in Lessons of Kosovo: The Dangers of Humanitarian Intervention , ed. Aleksandar Jokic, Peterborough , Canada : Broadview Press, 2003, pp. 53-77.
- ‘Kosovo/Kosova: a land of conflicting myths' in Ko sovo:The Politics of Delusion , edited by Michael Waller, Kyril Drezov and Bulent Gokay. London: Frank Cass. 2001, pp. 3-11.
- ‘Constructing European Identity: Problems of Supranationalism' in Why Europe? Problems of Culture and Identity, Vol. 1, edited by J. Andrew, M. Crook, and M. Waller, London: Macmillan, 2000, 115-131.
- ‘Yugoslavism - A National Identity Which Failed?' Citizenship and National Identity in Europe , eds. P. Murray and L. Holmes. Aldershort and Brookfield, Vermont: Ashgate, 1999, 147-159.
- ‘Intellectual Dissidence and the Serb National Question' in Nationalism and Postcommunism , edited by A.Pavkovic at al. Aldershot: Dartmouth Publishing, 1995, 121-41.
- ‘Two Thaws in Yugoslav Philosophy' in Glasnost in Context edited by Marko Pavlyshyn. Oxford and New York : Berg Publishers, 1990, 69-82.
- 'Is the Evil Daemon a Sceptical Device?' in Contemporary Yugoslav Philosophy: the Analytic Approach, ed. A.Pavkovic, Dordrecht and London: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1988, 229-240.
- ‘Skepticism and the Senses in Hume's Treatise' in Early Modern Philosophy edited by S. Tweyman and W.E. Creery. Delmar, N.Y.: Caravan Books, 1988, 61-75.
Articles in refereed journals
- 'Secession as a defence of a liberty: a liberal answer to a nationalist demand', Canadian Journal of Political Science, 37 (3), 2004: 695-713
- 'In Pursuit of Sovereignty and Self-Determination: Peoples, States and Secession in the International Order', (co-author, Peter Radan), Macquarie Law Journal, 3, 2003:1-12.
- 'Secession, Majority Rule and Equal Rights: a Few Questions', Macquarie Law Journal, 3, 2003: 73-94.
- ‘Multiculturalism as a prelude to state fragmentation: the case of Yugoslavia', Journal of Southern Europe and the Balkans, 3 (2), 2001:131-143,
- ‘Recursive secessions in former Yugoslavia: too hard a case for theories of secession?' Political Studies, 48, 2000:485-502.
- ‘What is common European heritage? The debates in the first Consultative Assembly of the Council of Europe, 1949,' Journal of European Integration History , 5, (2), 1999: 63-73.
- ‘From Yugoslavism to Serbism: the Serb national idea 1986-1996', Nations and Nationalism, 4, 1998:511-28.
- 'Prosperity and Intellectual Needs: The Credibility and Coherence of More's Utopia', Utopian Studies , 4 (1), 1993:26-37.
- 'Slobodan Jovanovic and the Question of Human Rights', Slavic Review , 51 (1) 1992:131-136.
- ‘Hume's Argument for the Dependent Existence of Perceptions: An Alternative Reading'. Mind , 61, 1982:585-592.
- 'South Slavs, Philosophy of' (with Zivan Lazovic). Routledge Encyclopaedia of Philosophy, London 1998, Volume 9, pp. 48-56.